Every country needs the support of a strong military to protect its rights and citizens at the same time. In order for that military to thrive though, it needs the support of its country in return. The internet may seem like a silly place to find encouragement for the armed forces, but there is an entire community of military bloggers who are trying to help in whatever way they can. The following list contains 50 top-quality military-related blogs written by soldiers and the people they fight for.
Note that these blogs are not ranked by importance. Each site has its own merit and value on the web.
- Army Live: This is the “official blog of the United States Army,” featuring late-breaking news, leadership tips, training guides, and more. It also includes a gallery of army photos so families can view their loved ones overseas.
- Armed with Science: This blog is designed to inform people about the latest innovations in military technology and scientific discovery.
- Defense Centers of Excellence Blog: This is part of the DCOE website, which helps soldiers who have suffered from traumatic brain injury and psychological health issues.
- Military Health Systems Blog: A general health resource center for soldiers with medical concerns.
- Distribution White Paper: This blog goes over the important steps the U.S. Army is taking to transform itself for the better by the year 2028.
- The AW2 Blog: This blog is made to provide advice and encouragement for people in the U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program.
- Army Strong Stories: This is a portal for people to share stories about their experiences in the army or with a soldier in the family. Consider it a giant support group on the web.
- My Army Reserve: This is a blog for the citizen soldiers still living and training in the U.S.
- Highlander’s Post: This blog features articles written by and for soldiers stationed in Iraq.
- SEC Live: This blog is dedicated to the research and development in the U.S. Army CECOM Software Engineering Center.
- Navy Live: This is the official blog of the U.S. Navy, featuring photos, training tips, and fun facts related to this branch of the armed forces.
- Naval History Blog: This blog goes over the history of the navy and how it came to be.
- Navy Cyber Space: This is a general blog that features great news, links, and information related to the Navy.
- Navy Girl: This blog is dedicated to the women in the Navy.
- Neptunus Lex: This blog is run by a former naval officer and aviator who talks about everything under the sun.
- The Stupid Shall Be Punished: This blog is run by a naval officer who focuses every post specifically on submarine activities and developments.
- Molten Eagle: This blog is run by a former submariner who currently works as an auditor and investigator.
- Steeljaw Scribe: This blog is run by a former naval flight officer who spent 26 years on the force.
- Doc in the Box: This blog is run by a navy corpsman just voicing his opinion about the world.
- The Goatlocker: this blog is run by a Chief Petty Officer who offers a range of interesting information on the navy.
- Marines Live: This is the official blog of the U.S. Marines, dedicated to providing the most up to date information you’ll find on the web.
- Actions Not Words: This blog is run by Dakota Meyer, a former marine who was awarded a Medal of Honor in 2011.
- Small Wars Journal: This blog is run by a group of marines who talk about news, current events, special stories, and more.
- The Sandgram: This blog is run by a marine officer with more than 26 years of service under his belt.
- Information Dissemination: This blog is designed to help members of the marines discuss strategies with one another.
- One Marine’s View: This blog is run by an officer in the marines who posts his opinions about current events in the world.
- Leading Marines: This blog is all about helping marine officers, old and new, to get through life in the force.
- Life as a Marine: This blog is designed to help parents and mentors of marine officers.
- The Thunder Run: This blog goes over important information about the U.S. Marines right from the home front.
- Write on the Right: This blog is run by a marine officer who’s just voicing his opinion to the world.
Air Force Blogs
- Air Force Live: This is the official blog of the U.S. Air Force, posting important news, dates, and success stories related to the military.
- Flight Lines: This blog is run by a group of airmen who write about the latest events in the air force.
- Air Force Wife Life: This blog is run by an air force wife and mom who provides support and encouragement for the troops.
- Air Force Association Blog: This blog is run by a non-profit organization that discusses the importance of aerospace power in the U.S. National Security.
- Alert 5: This blog is all about military aviation news.
- The Hudson Crew: This blog is run by an air force family, sharing their thoughts and experiences in the military.
- Air Force Voices: This is a general opinion blog related to (but not affiliated with) the U.S. Air Force.
- The Mudville Gazette: This blog is run by an air force officer and his wife.
- Emily Roe: This blog is about the general events in the Air Force, written from the perspective of a soldier’s wife.
- The Air Force Pundit: This blog is run by a captain in the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command.
Other Military Blogs
- DOD Live: This is the official blog of the Department of Defense, providing information about all branches of the military.
- Mil Blogging: This is a giant index of military blogs to read.
- Argghhh!!!: This blog is run by former armed forces officers who provide funny but valid opinions about the wars in the world.
- Semper Gratus: This is a site about American pride, meant as a form of support for the troops.
- Yankee Mom: This blog is run by a “pissed off Army mom” who discusses the problems in the current structure of the American military (and the people governing it).
- This Ain’t Hell: This blog is run by three people who have served in several facets of the armed forces. It’s slogan is “This ain’t hell, but you can see it from here.”
- Texas Fred: This blog showcases one man’s opinion about military news and events.
- Danger Room: This blog discusses important events in national security.
- In from the Cold: This is a longstanding military blog that goes over anything and everything related to the armed forces.
- Mountain Runner: This is a blog about public diplomacy that is designed to educate and empower the public.